Sunday, March 5, 2017

Keto Day 2 - Not so bad...

I recently moved into a new apartment, and church starts later in the day than I have been accustomed to.  As a treat, I slept in today, and combined breakfast and lunch into one meal.  So, I guess I made brunch!

Before cooking, I ate 2 pieces of string cheese to make sure I had some fuel to function.  I opened a tube of pork breakfast sausage (super cheap at Walmart, by the way), separated it into 4 serving-sized patties, browned them in a skillet, then baked them.  One of them was eaten with brunch, and the rest went into the fridge.  While the sausage patties were baking, I made low-carb cream cheese pancakes (look them up, they're pretty tasty) topped with butter instead of a syrup.  My Ninja blender has been a wonderful resource!

After church, and when I was ready for dinner, I cooked 3 eggs in the same skillet the pork sausage was cooked in this morning. With the eggs, I added a half cup of broccoli to the skillet, and about a quarter cup of shredded cheddar cheese melted on top of the broccoli.  I also pulled out one of the pork patties from this morning, put a tablespoon of mayonnaise on it, and added that to my meal.  When I logged dinner on my fitness app to discover that I hadn't met my 20 carb goal and my fats could use some boosting, I enjoyed 2 Clausen dill pickle spears (my favorites) with another tablespoon of mayonnaise.

My indulgence today was made to bring my carbs up from 11 grams to my goal of 20 grams... a neuro drink.  It's fairly good with only 9 grams of carbs per bottle, and it was the one for sleep, which I need help with.  It was in my fridge from before I decided to dive into this new WOE (way of eating), so the temptation to mindlessly chug it is gone now...

***Disclaimer: Yes, I am a member of the LDS/Mormon church, and yes, today was Fast Sunday.  Before any judgement is made for making/eating breakfast, please understand that ever since my gallbladder was removed in 2009, fasting causes me major issues in the digestive department. It is best that I eat regular meals to keep the homeless bile in my system occupied. 



No comments:

Post a Comment