Friday, March 3, 2017

It Is Me, Again.

It's March 3rd, 2017, Im 32 years old, and I continue to struggle... and not just with my weight. I also experience frequent migraines, occasional temporal lobe seizure activity, have significant trouble sleeping, have had a bad run-in with Plantar Facciitis, and deal with all the fun of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).

A friend of mine with a similar health background has experienced some weight loss success by following a ketogenic diet plan.

So... I did a little research.

This diet change is believed to have significant positive influences on those with seizure disorders, sleep issues, PCOS, and weight struggles.

It is hard for me to sum up, I'm still figuring things out myself.  However, I can tell you seems unconventional, but I'm intrigued. The average target of intake focuses on food types rather than caloric counts.  An average target is to have your intake be 75% fats, 20% proteins, and 5% carbohydrates. 

I have set up the MyFitnessPal app to help me track my food, and took the liberty of tracking a no-good-eat-everything-in-sight-stressfull day of eating (today worked) to illustrate my current intake.  Surprisingly, it came out just a bit over 2,000 calories, but my percentages were way off from my new targets. I think this helps make it apparent that (as I have posted about in the past) calories don't matter in my world.
They don't really matter in the ketogenic diet world either, and I like that.

Bonus: I can eat BACON.  Um... win!
Needless to say, I'm starting this new way of eating (WOE) tomorrow!  March 4th, 2017... let's hope this marks the beginning of a new me!

No comments:

Post a Comment