Saturday, March 4, 2017

Keto Day 1 - Success!

Day 1 on the ketogenic diet -Ahem!- the ketogenic WOE (way of eating) has been a success!

I wanted to make lunch for my boyfriend, but he follows a strict eat-every-4-hours routine to control his blood sugar (he has type II diabetes) and we had to eat while out-and-about. I found that Carl's Jr. offers low-carb adaptations (lettuce wraps) for all of the burgers and sandwiches on their menu.  I hit the jackpot with a lettuce-wrapped guacamole bacon cheeseburger!!! It was so good... and guilt-free!  The very few carbs in it had to be from the guacamole, tomatoes, and/or lettuce.  I can officially now say that I really love when fast food chains have published nutritional information online, it's so helpful.

I enjoyed a snack this afternoon of 2 slices of the bacon from this morning and 4 dill pickle spears (oh my gosh, I love pickles).  Dinner was merely the last 3 slices of bacon from this morning; I wasn't really hungry but knew I should eat something, so I did.

My favorite things about today have been how easy this was to adhere to, and my excitement to keep going tomorrow! Wooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment