Monday, March 6, 2017

Keto Day 3 - Keto At Work

Last night I made strawberry cheesecake fat bombs for those times when I'm below target for fats and need a boost, but not necessarily a meal.  They now live in a muffin tin in my freezer, and I've only eaten one thus far.  To be really honest here, the Stevia the recipe called for has made them less palatable than they'd be without any sweetener (real or fake) added at all.  I won't waste these, but I'm surely tweaking the recipe next time.

Today was my first day prepping food and bring my new WOE (way of eating) to work.  Two lessons learned today:

*Meal prep at night. Between making breakfast and prepping for lunch, my morning was too full. I didn't exercise or shower because I ran out of time.

*I could never grow tired of good thick cut bacon.  Bacon ends and pieces... oh boy, they're a whooooole different story.  Never again. Nope!

At work today, I only felt hungry once, which was a nice change from constantly having the "munchies."  Heck, I didn't even finish the food I brought!  Dinner was all leftovers!

Also, my normally very irate digestive system seems to have calmed down a notch. 

TMI sharing coming up; this is your warning.

I'm a pretty regular "goer"... like 6 times a day, give or take.  I don't mind this too much, I have a very efficient digestive system. What I do mind is that most of the time, it's extremely urgent. One minute I'm OK, and the next minute it's a matter of life and death; get out of my way! 

Since starting this new WOE (way of eating), my frequency is down to 4 times a day, and nothing has been urgent.  It's a miracle! I can eat a meal without having to potty immediately afterward, or heaven forbid, before even finishing it!!  I've read that carbohydrates are linked to inflammation, which is a factor with a lot of bowel issues.  Inflammation is also something my doctors have always told me I have high levels of when blood work is done. However, they've never seemed worried or discussed options for reducing it. 

Maybe... maybe I've found some hope in this department.

No comments:

Post a Comment