Saturday, March 4, 2017

Keto Day 1 - It Begins

I woke up this morning, ate 2 mozzarella string cheese sticks, drank 16 oz. of water, then began meal prep.

I find it slightly funny how, thanks to social media, meal prep has always seemed a little pretentious to me. Maybe that's just me, but still. Time and time again, I see friends post photos of 5 million little boxes chocked full of greens they don't really like, declaring that food prep is the only way to eat well.

OK.  I'll buy that.  My food prep this morning involved baking 9 strips of thick cut bacon for 20 minutes.  During the 20 minutes of baking, I kicked ass on the eliptical.  For the record, I haven't used my eliptical for so long that my 7-plus year-old cat (Mango) sat near it the whole time with a confused look on her face; "It moves? I thought this thing was made to hold laundry!"

When the bacon was done, I set it on paper towels to cool, poured the bacon grease into a jar, and made breakfast.  Three eggs cooked in butter with cheddar cheese melted on top, three of the bacon strips from earlier, and a mug of Yerba Matte with Stevia sweetener added.

See the photos.  This does not look like a healthy meal, but here are 3 points to consider:

***There are only 6 carbs in there. If I had realized the packets of Stevia had 2 carbs each, I would have used only 1 or none. That was a "my bad" moment.

***I've logged everything in my fitness app and according to my target percentages of fats, proteins, and carbs, I'm fairly on-point.

***After eating breakfast this morning, I had no belly swelling, and I did not have to urgently run to the bathroom to "go" (which happens after every meal, often before I'm even done eating). 

Maybe I'm just lucky today... maybe it's this new WOE (way of eating).

No comments:

Post a Comment