Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 6

Well, day 6 is over and done with.  For the first time, I blended a banana and avocado in the juices today (not in the same juice).  I've made the executive decision that on Saturdays doing that is going to be OK. In the past I have had issues with not having enough potassium, resulting in leg cramps ("Charlie horses") so bad they felt like someone was tying my legs up into individual pretzels. When those hit while driving, it's epic... in a bad way.  Since bananas (high in potassium) can't be juiced, I was planning on just pawning off the ones I had to my roommate during this cleanse.  However, I think my Saturday exception is a good idea.  Same goes for avocados.

First Saturday concoction:
1/4 cantaloupe (juiced)
1 kiwi fruit (juiced)
1 banana (added in the blender)

Beautiful Colors!

Gotta love my little blender.  It's knock-of "The Magic Bullet".  I have a "good" blender too, but this is perfect for the job-at-hand!

2nd Saturday Concoction:
2 cucumbers (juiced)
1 lemon (juiced)
1 avocado (added in the blender)

Oh, Avocado, how I love thee!

Remarkably delicious!  It tasted a little like plain yogurt (which I haven't been able to eat in a few years).  Oh, it reminded me of that Greek dip... Tzatziki!!  Yes, it reminded me of Tzatziki!!  It was sooooo good when I tasted it that I actually cleaned out the blender cup with a spatula to ensure not a drop was wasted. 





No comments:

Post a Comment