Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 5

Yes, I'm writing about day 5 in the early afternoon of day 6.  After work yesterday I finished all of my homework that was due by tonight, then spent the evening with my bestie of 16 years and 3 of her 4 children.  Priorities people, priorities.

So, yesterday morning I decided to try a juicing recipe with pineapple in it.  I put my pineapple on the cutting board, grabbed a large knife, and thought, "Sweet, this is gonna be epic!"  Obviously, I don't cut up pineapple very often.

Half of a pineapple, 2 oranges, and a lime went into the juicer and made beautiful juice.  At work when I drank the first cup of it, I quickly learned that it was NOT delicious juice.  Major bummer.  Needless to say, I didn't drink my second cup of it.  I did, however, give it to my roommate to try just in case I just don't favor citrus and pineapple combinations.  She drank it recently, and since she's sick and her throat is not doing well, it was a good thing.  Her words: "It's a little bitter, but it's helping."  Score!

Not a great combo.....
The other concoction of the day was a much better combination of fruits (thank goodness).  I combined 3 strawberries, 1 orange, and the last of my green grapes.

Yummy!
I have one more thing to say before I tell you the results of my weigh-in: Love your juicer!  Take care of it! For the old Champion Juicer that I have, that means oiling it.  A little bit of olive oil on the metal workings keeps it happy! 

The Champion Juicer will outlive everyone!
Alright, and the moment you've been waiting for!  The results of my weigh-in! Since the morning of Day 1, I have lost a total of: 12.2 lbs.  Next weigh-in will be this coming Monday morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment