Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 10

Hello, it's the end of day 10.   Holy socks, I can hardly believe I'm about halfway done with this juice cleanse.  As of this morning, I officially juiced the last of my fruit... which meant there was a trip to Costco in my recent past.  As a single person, buying produce at Costco is not always the best deal given that often it goes bad before in can be finished.  Keeping this in mind, I purchased "Costco-sized" quantities of the fruits I know I will use most (grapes, apples, strawberries, etc.), and will pick up some smaller quantities of other fruits at a normal grocery store later (like kiwi fruit, for example).

My day began with freshly juiced grapefruit juice.  I cannot put into words how delicious it was, or how great it is to start out one's day with fresh juice from one of my favorite fruits.  One of my past roommates (please let me know if it's you) left behind an etched wine glass and I just couldn't resist using this morning for the grapefruit juice; it was too fun!

100% pure grapefruit juice!  Sometimes it's just fun to drink out of a pretty glass.

I experimented today with the 2nd half of the pineapple.  That juiced with a cucumber and an apple made a juice that I wouldn't say was outstanding, but it wasn't necessarily bad.  I'm learning that despite the fact that I enjoy eating pineapple, I really don't like pineapple juice much.  Yes, I suppose that's a personal problem (oh, the things we discover about ourselves later in life). 

It would have been yummy if I liked pineapple juice.

My next juice was smaller in quantity than the others, and only filled one of my handy-dandy mini plastic jars.  


The photo above is the "before" picture of what turned out to be a tasty juice made with 1 mango and 1 kiwi.  I absolutely love mangoes, they are my favorite fruit of all time.  I love mangoes so much, my crazy orange cat is named Mango!  On my way to the rescue/adoption place a few years ago I was thinking that if I found an orange female kitten, I'd name her Mango.  When I got there, they had 1 female kitten left, an orange tabby cat... and her name was already MANGO! It was kismet!!  Below you'll see that she found a spot on my piano this morning, and I got distracted while juicing.

Crazy cat! 
 With only 3 limes left, I decided this morning that I couldn't accept defeat; I had to use them today.  So, I juiced them and added fresh lime juice to my chilled lunch bag.  I JUST drank the lime juice.  It was superior; I have always been the weird kid who drinks straight lemon and lime juice, and eats both like oranges... and freshly juiced lime juice just took it to a whole new level of awesomeness!



This morning I also started with some stretches and other things (crunches, push-ups, lunges, squats, endurance exercises I learned in belly dance a few years ago, etc.).  It felt good to get moving in the morning.  What I don't understand is why Mango, the cat, decided that she wanted to cuddle when I was in the middle of push-ups!  Crazy cat!

This morning at work I weighed-in.  Nothing to write home about.  Nothing I really want to blog about even.  However, I'm accountable to this blog and whomever may read it, so must confess that I actually put on 2 pounds. It's odd, but it's not unheard of.  I guess we'll see what Friday morning brings!




No comments:

Post a Comment