Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Weight Loss Challenge Day 1

I started a community weight loss challenge today; the first weekly meeting was last night. I actually tried to do this back in September but was thwarted by unforseen chaos at work that required significant overtime. I missed enough meetings that I just decided to start over.
Today I drank 32 oz of cold water within 20 minutes of waking up to cleanse my system.
Breakfast included the following ingredients and roughly 30 grams of protein:
-3 egg whites
-2/3 cup mozzarella cheese
-1 green pepper
Snack #1 and #2 were each a half cup of cottage cheese and one peice of string cheese. Each snack contained about 17 grams of protein. 
Lunch was a homemade sandwich made with 2 slices of a sprouted bread (which conveniently has a lower-than-average yeast content so it doesn't aggrevate my allergies). Inside the sandwhich is a few leaves of lettuce, a slice of mozzarella cheese, and roughly 2 ounces of sliced ham (giving it a try to see if I can tolerate it at least a little). Yes, you see mayonaise (made with olive oil) and honey mustard in the container on the right. I measured the mayo according to what the bottle said was a single portion; the mustard was less of a concern with its 10 calories and 0 fat . With the sandwich I also had two peices of string cheese. Lunch contained a total of about 30 grams of protein, 12 of which came from the bread alone! I am impressed! 
Dinner was a salad I just threw together with fingers crossed that there was enough protein in it. My minimum protein goal is 30 grams per meal and 15 grams per snack. Guess what? This salad scored with 35 grams! I win! It has two types of lettuce, green peppers, yellow pickled peppers (my favorite), green olives, mozzarella and parmesian cheese, and is dressed with light olive oil, red wine vinegar, and a touch of salt and pepper. 
Today's total protein came to 117 grams.  
Breakfast!!

Snack #1

Lunch (not yet assembled)!!

Snack #2!!

Dinner (before tossing)!!

Dinner (before EATING)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment