Thursday, March 23, 2017

Keto Day 20 - Meatzza? Ooooh... meatzza!!

I made a Ketogenic compliant pizza for date night... and it worked!

Rick's reaction: "It's like meatloaf and pizza.  I know how I'm making meatloaf in the future!"

Then he had seconds, and thirds.  My man ate 4 pieces of it! 

Recipe:
-Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
-Mix 2 pounds of ground beef and 2 eggs with Italian seasoning and garlic powder (the amounts of seasoning is to your discretion; I just threw some in).
-Grease an ample baking pan. I used a 9 × 11 (guesstimate) glass pan and greased it with Pam.
-Smoosh the ground beef into the pan and make sure it covers the bottom and is pressed down evenly.
-Bake for 20 minutes.
-Take it out of the oven and load it with your favorite pizza toppings.
-Bake for 20 more minutes.

Facts about my pizza:
-I used generic store-brand marinara sauce that had 9 carbs per half cup. Since I only used a half cup over the whole pizza, and the pizza produced 6 pieces, each piece had less than 2 carbs from sauce.
-I used an entire 8 oz bag of shredded mozzarella cheese, which had a total of 4 carbs in it. So, each piece of pizza had less than 1 carb from cheese.
-Instead of pepperoni (my favorite, but Rick is not a fan), I used crumbled pork sausage as a topping. The whole tube of pork sausage had a total of 4.5 carbs in it. I pre-cooked the whole tube, but only used part of it. Each piece of pizza had less than 1 carb from the sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment